server ftp

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sat Apr 16 03:56:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 09:15 -0600, Kevin Fries wrote:

> Alejandro Lemus (alejo) wrote:
> | i want to do ftp server in my Fedora box, how config my box?
>
> There is no good answer to such a question.  Like everything it depends
> on so many factors, your question is badly formed.
<snip>

Or the short answer....

>From the CD (FC3) set install the FTP server
Then from system settings > server settings (as root) >services check
and start vsftpd
add files to /var/ftp/pub/

You will need to do some reading on what permissions you want set on the
files you put in there, is the world going to have access?  Do you have
a firewall that needs to be changed to allow access?  More reading,
Google it!  I have cable access and it can not look back on it's self so
I can't just put in my IP and check to see if it's working from the same
machine.  But that's me, for you I couldn't say.

Tim...

--

"because their minds are without obscuration, they are without fear"