Re: [OT] Using convert to split a pdf file into pages

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:27:23 -0500
From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo seabra gmail com>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: [OT] Using convert to split a pdf file into pages

Hi,

I know this is off topic. I just wonder if anyone here could give me
an idea, because I'm running out.

I have a pdf file with many pages. I want to split it into the
individual pages. So, I tried:

convert all_pages.pdf each_page%02d.pdf

and it works, splitting the initial file into many smaller ones. However, when i try to read the smaller file, the quality is way below the quality of the initial file. I've been looking for an option to 'convert' that can give me the same quality as the original, but so far I couldn't find anything. (I don't understand much about image manipulation, so maybe I just didn't recognize the correct name...)

Could anyone point me to a better way?

Have a look at http://multivalent.sourceforge.net/index.html But I don't have first-hand experience.

Itay

itayf u washington edu  /  +1 (206) 543 9040  /  U of Washington