FC3 on Supermicro X6DHE-XG2 or X6DAE-G2 motherboards?

McGuffey, David DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com
Sat Apr 16 12:47:59 UTC 2005

Anyone successfully running FC3 on the Supermicro X6DHE-XG2 (dual Xenon)
motherboard with the Intel E7520 chipset, or the X6DAE-G2 (dual Xenon) with
the Intel E7525 chipset?

A bit of background: I'm still investigating the best way to build a lab to
test various security settings of FC3 (and eventually FC4 and RHEL4).
Because of space limitations, multiple low-end (even excess equipment)
machines are out of the solution set.  So...I'm planning on going with one
high-end machine running VMWare to create and save the multitude of FC3
instances I'll be creating/testing. One instance will probably be loaded
with attack tools with which to test the other VMs

A Dell Precsion 670n is one option, as is building one out of the Supermicro
motherboard.  This particular mb has embedded 8MB ATI video and both SATA
and IDE capability.  The other Supermicro board (X6DAE-G2) is similar, but
without the ATI video capability.  Both are PCI-64 based.

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information Assurance Engineer
SAIC