Local mail issue. What did I do here?

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:48:42 UTC 2005

On 4/16/05, Neal Wilkinson <forums.lists at comcast.net> wrote:
> I thought I had finally succeeded in getting my root mail into my
> regular inbox and then I trashed it. *rolls eyes* Anyway, I went back to
> Evolution because Thunderbird didn't seem to have the option to receive
> local mail [...]

Actually, it does. You have to set up as:
server type: Unix Movemail
Server Name: localhost
Username: << Your username>>

When you do that it will read the new messages. I don't know how to
get the older messages though. Maybe marking them as unread by hand?

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680