ACPI on Dell Latitude C840

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sun Apr 17 12:23:07 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 08:25 -0300, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:

> It was written in January 2004 so a few things have change since then,
> you don't need to apply a patch to the kernel anymore, there's an option
> for a custom DSDT in the kernel already. But if you use the FC3 config
> files you'll need  to disable "Select only drivers that don't need
> compile-time external firmware" in the Device Drivers/Generic Driver
> before you can enable it.

So actually I *do* need to recompile my kernel (given that I only use
the stock kernels from Fedora Core and Fedora Core Updates Released) to
use a custom DSDT? I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. You're
saying that it is now possible to use a custom DSDT without compiling it
into the kernel, but the stock FC kernels have not been compiled in such
a way to take advantage of this. In which case, has anyone opened a bug
report asking that they enable this option?

Best, Darren