shorewall and iptables

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 23:52:16 UTC 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 07:30 pm, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Can any of you advise me as to whether shorewall is a good iptables
> frontend or not.  I found it on one of the 'extra' repositories, but did
> not see any discussion of it in the user's group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
> --
> Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>
>From all I have heard it is very good - - - but - - -
IMHO One should always try to understand the program and in this case the
rules and how they work. This will allow for a more complete and accurate
setup of the firewall parameters you desire.
(In other words don't expect that you will get exactly what you want without
understanding and knowing the inner workings.)
--
John H Ludwig