xorg x11 problem?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 01:05:51 UTC 2005

Chris Gramer wrote:
> For some odd reason, FC3 up2date is now working just fine for me (thanks
> for the advice on yum, though!).  I've updated my kernel and a bunch of
> other stuff.  However, when I try to download/install the slew of
> xorgx11 updates that are available, I get the following message after it
> tests the packages and resolves dependencies, etc.:
>
> "Test install failed because of package conflicts:
> file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of
> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.8.2-1.FC3.13 conflicts with file from package
> fglrx_6_8_0-8.10.19-1"
>
> Eh?  Any help?  Can I safely ignore the xorg-x11 updates until the
> release version of FC4?  Thanks!!

Or you could remove fglrx until you upgrade xorg-x11. Is this package
available from a repository you use?

As long as xorg-x11 wasn't updated because of security reasons, it is
probably safe, but the problem will still be there when FC4 comes out. A
conflict is a conflict and FC4 will be newer than fglrx.

Just my 30 cents toward gasoline.

Jim

--
The Universe is populated by stable things.
		-- Richard Dawkins