Re: multimedia licensing

>  Many times I have heard that Fedora cannot be a fully functioning operating
> system because of licensing constraints.
Fully functional in every respect that GPL code supports. What exactly
is missing
that makes Fedora non-functional?
Java, Flash, MP3, DVD support are not shipped due to license/legal
concerns but all
are *readily* available from a variety of easily accessable locations
e.g. livna.org.
>  Why are other distributions not plagued by these same constraints? They're
> all Linux.
Fedora has chosen to only include GPL code- anything else is excluded.
Some of the other distros are more cavalier in this respect.

--
Bests,
Jon