Tape on a i2o SCSI not seen.

GianPiero Puccioni gip at ino.it
Mon Apr 18 10:11:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with a DPT i2o SCSI adapter it has a RAID 5 set and a
HP tape and it worked without problems with Fedora 1.
Recently I had to reinstall and I used FC3, now the tape is not seen
anymore. I tried to use the Rescue mode of FC1 and it was still there so
no HW problems.  The difference seems to be that FC1 used the dpt_i2o
driver while FC3 uses i2o_block and it seems it doesn't work properly,
it doesn't even show in /proc/scsi, and dmesg shows this:

SCSI subsystem initialized
I2O Core - (C) Copyright 1999 Red Hat Software
i2o: max_drivers=4
i2o: Checking for PCI I2O controllers...
i2o: I2O controller found on bus 0 at 73.
i2o: PCI I2O controller at F4000000 size=1048576
i2o: using write combining MTRR
i2o: MTRR workaround for Intel i960 processor
iop0: Installed at IRQ 177
iop0: Activating I2O controller...
iop0: This may take a few minutes if there are many devices
iop0: HRT has 0 entries of 16 bytes each.
iop0: Controller added
I2O Block Storage OSM v0.9
   (c) Copyright 1999-2001 Red Hat Software.
block-osm: registered device at major 80
block-osm: New device detected (TID: 209)
 i2o/hda: i2o/hda1 i2o/hda2 i2o/hda3

Is there a known problem or do I need some options in the configuration?
Or maybe there is a different driver for other devices attached to the
i2o.

Thanks for any help.

Ciao,
GiP