permission synchronization between FC3 and Windows XP

I have set up a mount between my FC3 server and my Windows XP machine. I created a symlink from a directory back to my XP server which I can ls fine copy files back and forth. My issue is, the symbolic link falls within a directory I server out my Apache 2.0 web server. The issue is a cant browse through to my XP server. I have made sure the /mnt/dir and symbolic link are owned by apache and apache is in root group. Apache has also been configured to Follow Symbolic Links.

The error I am getting in apache is:

[client 192.168.1.5] PHP Warning:  is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/www/html/netjuke/var/music/musicfiles (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/html/netjuke/admin/file-browser.php on line 232, referer: http://supergsego.com:81/netjuke/admin/index.php

Thanks

Eric

eric supergsego com