Re: AMD 64 motherboard - Which do I choose ?

Srinivasan S wrote on 18/04/2005 14:11:

Hello

I am planning to purchase a AMD 64 bit processor and motherboard. I do NOT want to load windoze and want to make sure that I buy a board that is supported and I can install FC3_64.

Basically what I need is info on what to buy :
1)  AMD 63 939 socket motherboard
2)  SATA harddisk, Video, USB etc support

Please let me know what I should buy to have the best FC3 64 bit support.

All help appreciated

I've got an Asus A8V Deluxe (Socket 939) and the onboard SATA controller/usb/network/audio worked fine with FC3 and Cent OS4. The machine has been 100% stable.

Rob