get rid of old kernels

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:27:13 UTC 2005

On 4/18/05, Langer, Christian <clanger at tnstate.edu> wrote:
> I installed the latest fc3 kernel and would like to get rid of the old
> one to save disk space; does anyone know how to do that?

Figure out which kernel packages you want to remove.
"rpm -q kernel" and/or "rpm -q kernel-smp" will list them

Remove the ones you want with:
yum erase kernel-2.6.10-..... (whatever the id was of the one you want
to remove)

Or if you want to use RPM,
rpm -e kernel-2.6.10-.....

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)