multimedia licensing ( and what can we do to help?)

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:13:35 UTC 2005

Yes, I am very grateful to these individuals for producing the fantastic
work they do, and for so little recognition, except for the throes of
ecstasy of a satisfied user.

I am also a big fan of Fedora. I guess perhaps it's because I began with Red
Hat, but I have tried others and always came back to the rpm-based distro.
Mandrake has nice touches, but I think Fedora is more mature. Gentoo holds
some attraction for me, but to compile the entire operating system from
scratch seems pointless for my ends. Yes, they have other methods, too, but
why change then? I might as well stick with rpms. Fedora is also so well
supported by the other repos, like freshrpms, etc.

It was a nuisance about multimedia under Fedora, but I have also relied on
the programs you just mentioned and they have made the situation acceptable
for me.

But with the recent discovery of kde-redhat, I have no more cause to
complain.