Re: FC3 SETUP FOR ADSL USB MODEM

Manivannan. M wrote / ha scritto on /il 19/04/2005 04:41:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelagh" <oneida tpg com au>
To: <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: FC3 SETUP FOR ADSL USB MODEM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:10:55 +0800, Manivannan. M <manikpi singnet com sg> wrote:

Can someone help me with ADSL USB modem setup for internet/email connection.

I have installed FC3 on Saturday & trying to get connected to internet. But I am new to Linux and not an IT expert to configure them. All I can get are the following. I need the connection real soon. Please help

In the Hardware Browser>>System Devices I am seeing the following:

  Alcatel DynaMite Modem
  Amtel corp. 4-Port Hub
  Intel corp 440 BX/ZX/DX-82443 BX/ZX/DX Host Bridge
  Linux 2.6.0-1.667 uhci_hcd UHCI Host Controller
  Chesen electronics Corp Keyboard

Thanks.

Note: My modem is not an ethernet modem, its USB !

There are drivers and howtos for the alcatel speedtouch modem (usb). I have come across them in my search for help to get my eciadsl modem running. Still trying. If you need a quick start on the internet my experience is, that you need to spend money for an ethernet modem. Getting a usb modem working is obviously possible, people have done it, but so fiddly for newcomers to linux.

Shelagh

how do I get the prompt to type ?sbin/lsusb

Thanks

http://usuarios.lycos.es/amedyn/uniwaka/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage

I agree that an Ethernet mode is absolutely easy, you have to fight to work on USB...

--
Antonio
Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.2 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.2