Re: multimedia licensing

The problem is that Linux uses pure standards where MS uses standards they adopt and alter , therefore breaking any kind of cross-platform compliance. Dont blame Linux for following standards when MS is the one that breaks them time and time again.

On 4/19/05, Jeff Vian <jvian10 charter net> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 23:28 -0600, kwhiskers wrote:
> You know it; I know it. But try to get others to switch from Windows
> Media Player to Winamp. That's like trying to run uphill with one leg.
> And honestly, I wouldn't want to make that switch, either. Winamp is
> superceded. Windows Media Player needs Ogg Vorbis capabilities, both
> read and write, pure and simple.

So you expect Microsoft to put capabilities in their software to support
a competing technology??   ROFLMAO

That is like expecting a fisherman to give away their best fishing spot.