Re: get rid of old kernels

Gordon Keehn wrote:
Jeff Vian wrote:
As someone has already said it has been discussed several times, but for
this use, rpm is much nicer than yum.

And apt (synaptic) is even nicer. I keep the highest level kernel and the next highest stable version as a backup. When I request that synaptic install a new kernel, at the same time I remove the old version. Grub and the /lib directory subtree are cleaned up automagically. OK, I know it's rpm that does the dirty deed under the covers, but synaptic makes it a lot easier to manage multiple kernel versions in a consistent fashion.

You remove the old kernel (and its modules) whilst you're still running it?

Paul.