Experience with SIS80 sata/ide raid on FC3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Apr 19 15:59:05 UTC 2005

Manu Linux Lookit wrote:
> Tks , i can load the mod now.
>
> There is a little progress:
>
> now with dmesg :
>
> program dmraid is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO
>
> but i have a question :
>
> The sis 180 chipset can do RAID 0 1 and 0+1 on the bios.
>
> why i need to use linux softwares as dmraid or other to configure this
> raid ?

As you will have seen in the Linux SATA RAID FAQ, the chipset is not
(unless it's a different chipset to the one referred to in the FAQ - I
don't know) a true hardware RAID, it's software RAID. So it needs OS
support.

> tks a lot for all ... :D
>
> best regards
> Manu
>
> i progress ... and quickly blocked :)

Is that message a warning message or an error message? It looks like a
warning to me.

P.S. This will be my last reply whilst you continue to top-post.

Paul.