Re: Setting up a Backup Mail Server

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 13:11 -0400, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> Could you elaborate more how the backup mx could be any more of a "spam
> magnet" then the main MX ? I am interested to learn.

Spammers target backup mx on the premise that it usually lacks the
filtering of primary mx.

Jim Seymour explains it better that I could at
http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt

It's about two-thirds of the way down the page titled "When There's No
Point To A Secondary MX."
--
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm