changing the login password's requirement

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 21:19:59 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 04:49 pm, Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 April 2005 01:25, Ankush Grover wrote:
> >   I want that whoever tries to use either su - for any user and anybody
> >  tring to use root password has to enter that password twice.
>
> If you are worried about some unauthorized person gaining access to su then
> why not make users that are allowed to use su part of the wheel group and
> only allow the wheel group to use su?
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Robert
>
> Smile... it increases your face value!
Along with limiting access to the wheel group. - - -

If you were to do this, lets say for a high security system, I would think it
better to have a user enter their password and then roots.

This would kill any robodic system now in use (satin, saint, etc) and would
verify that this is the perported user 'su-ing'.  This would also lengthen
the brute force time of guessing passwords.

--
John H Ludwig