Re: How to disable or remove Up2date for good

Mark Sargent wrote:
ok, I'll steal my thread back..hehe...um, after doing the chkconfig --levels 2345 rhnsd off command, I still get the twirling, annoying red ! ball at the bottom right of my screen. Was hoping that wouldn't be so.

Install all the available updates and then it'll change to a nice, relaxing blue tick, which is not nearly as annoying ;-)

Or remove up2date as I suggested earlier, which will take out the icon for all future logins.

Paul.