Re: Mystery of yum

Timothy Murphy wrote:
When I ran "yum update" on one of my computers
it failed with the following error message

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package nmh.i386 0:1.1-5.fc3 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: mh for package: exmh
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mh is needed by package exmh

I see that the nmh package it is trying to update is in fedora-extras,
but there does not appear to be any package mh
in any of the "standard" fedora repositories.

I don't see an exmh package there either; where did you get it?

$ rpm -qi exmh

I would have thought that all the packages required by
a package on fedora-extras should be in one of these fedora repositories?

I would think so too.

Paul.