Re: OT? MS only government applications.

Richard Crawford wrote:

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 11:32, Robin Laing wrote:

Even though I am Canadian, I came across this today and I thought that
the users in the US may want to do something about it.

Federal Grant Applications to Require Windows
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/20/0026221&tid=103&tid=98&tid=
201&tid=17

Thanks for pointing that out, Robin. I've written to grants.gov and to all of my relevant representatives about this issue. As a former library student, I'm quite sensitive to the issue of document portability.

Yes, thank you indeed, Robin! The behavior of that government entity is totally unacceptable to this U.S. taxpayer.