Re: getting a usb device (iriver h340) running under fc3

__a__ wrote:

i have previously gotten my iriver h340 mp3 player mounted under linux. i did something like

- looking at dmesg to see which sdb showed up
- mkdir /mnt/H340
- mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/H340

now i'm running fc3

 [root localhost ahoward]# cat /etc/redhat-release
 Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)

 [root localhost ahoward]# uname -srm
 Linux 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 i686

and, oddly, ther don't seem to be any sdb devices

 [root localhost ahoward]# find /dev -name '*sdb*'
 [root localhost ahoward]#

nothing shows up as a usb device either

 [root localhost ahoward]# ls /proc/bus/usb/
 [root localhost ahoward]#

according to yum i seem to have all the usb stuff installed

 [root localhost ahoward]# yum list *usb*
Installed Packages
 libusb.i386                              0.1.8-3      installed
 libusb-devel.i386                        0.1.8-3                installed
 usbutils.i386                            0.11-6.1               installed
 usbview.i386                             1.0-13                 installed

as you may have guess by this point i'm not much of a hardware guy. so - why no sdb* devices? why doesn't dmesg or lsmod show anything when i plug in my h340 (yes it's plugged in and shows itself as 'connected as data').

thanks for any pointers

kind regards.

Have you checked sda* ?