Upgrading to GNOME 2.10?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 05:15:57 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 21:57 -0400, R L wrote:
>

>>If I have Fedora 3 and want to upgrade GNOME to 2.10, how would I do
>>that?  I thought I would be able to do that through yum, but I have
>>yet to see that included in a yum update. Will gnome 2.10 eventually
>>make it to the reprositories or do I have to do it myself?
>>

>It's in rawhide but I suspect that the dependencies will make it
>tedious. Gnome apps tend to compile easily from source if you feel
>compelled to have it.

The development tree is targetted towards testers and is not a
recommended means of getting the latest bits of software you require.
Even if you decide to pull SRPMS and rebuild them on a suitable system
it would require considerable expertise to turn off debugging options
and fix all kind of issues that you might run into.

regards
Rahul