Printer problem

Hi,

I have a FC3 box with a Lexmark Optra R+ laser printer conntected
to /dev/lp0. Every time the printer goes into the power save mode, GNOME
(2.8) loses it, i.e. the printer does not "wake up" when I try to print
something. The jobs just remain in the queue. After I have run
"hwbrowser" things are fine again. And please don't suggest: turn off
printer's power save, because I have had SuSE linux 9.2 + KDE 3.4
earlier and everything worked just fine there! (I changed to FC simply
because since the SuSE+Novell marriage that distro seems to approach a
certain OS from Redmond...)

Any ideas?

Greetings from Finland

Kimmo