Re: Local repository

--On 22. april 2005 12:16 +0200 Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:48 +0200, Sasa Stupar wrote:
Hi!

I am going to make local repository for fedora updates and extras and I
am  wondering what is the best tool for it: rsync or wget.
It depends on the remote server you are trying to mirror.

If it provides rsync-access, then rsync probably is the preferable
choice.

If it doesn't provide rsync-access, then other tools like wget, lftp,
curl or other tools (there are plenty of them, all have pros and cons)
are possible escapes.

Ralf

What I need is to also remove old versions automatically while transfering the new ones. I was playing with wget mirror function but it takes everything from the root dir on the remote server but I only need for fc3.
Looks like lftp could do this job or am I mistaken?

Sasa