KWifiManager not saving configuration

I have tried to set up KWifiManager with different configurations only
to find out it does not seem to save them.  Alternatively, when I try to
add a second configuration for wlan0 (in the same or different profile)
in the Network Configuration applet, it forces it to Static IP, even
though I had dynamic with DHCP selected.

I searched the archives, Bugzilla (though I wish I could have found a
simple keyword search in Bugzilla, maybe I missed it?) and Google and
found a hint that there is/was a problem with KWifi but never found a
resolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff Birt