How do I change my video card (GeForce 3 - 6600)

stephen mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 22 21:40:48 UTC 2005

I am running FC3.
Xorg 6.8.2
Had Asus Geforce 3 8200 Deluxe 64MB Analog out
Added Asus Geforce N6600 AGP 256MB Digital out

Shutdown the computer. Removed G3, put in 6600.
Started up.  Hardware changed detected, removed
G3 configuration. Tried to run X. Computer hung.
Tried reinstalliing latest Nvidia drivers, nope.
Tried coping config of similar card into xorg.conf
from net.  Nope.

Does anyone know what my config should be?
Is there a tool I can run that comes with
FC that will autoconfig my file (that does
require X already running)? Other suggestions?

I know the 6600 is already supported in the 70
series drivers.

thanks

Stephen