Re: Yahoo! Messenger for Unix

Hi, where did you get these packages? i never found anything more recent than the one i've been using for 4 years now.

Thanks!

g b wrote:

When I visited that site in July 04, there was a Fedora download:
rh10.ymessenger-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm. I'm not sure why they took it down.
I still have the rh10 version on my disk and it seems to run in FC3.
It crashes at times, especially when sending files. And it doesn't
have a minimize to applet functionality that Gaim has.

If you're using kde, you can run it with ksystraycmd to get it into the tray. only annoyance is to minimise it, you have to click on the tray icon rather than the close window button.