Re: add windows entry in grub

For using XP (Nt whatever) as the first drive and having a secondary drive installed, the below worked for me. This is from the 'info grub' in the 'configuration' hyperlinked section.

     # For booting Windows NT or Windows95
     title Windows NT / Windows 95 boot menu
     root        (hd0,0)
     makeactive
     chainloader +1

For some reason the makeactive seems to be the key to resolving XP not booting.

--
We are the people our parents warned us about.