Re: To Change Screen Resolution

Hi

Hi, Jim

when I type the etc/X11/xorg.conf in the terminal it says permission denied. Do I need to login to root, if yes, how would I login as root from my normal user account.

Thanks.

Yes. You need to be the root user before editing system configuration files such as these . Open a new terminal by right clicking on the desktop or Applications => System tools => Terminal and type in the following command which will prompt you for the system root password

# su -

regards
Rahul