kernel panic

Burnie burnie.west at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 23 18:21:57 UTC 2005

Hi -

After upgrading to Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3, I wound up having infrequent
crashes or hangs.  Usually I could not find any useful information
(there was nothing useful in boot.log, for example), but on one occasion
I got the following message:

Kernel Panic - not syncing
drivers/block/cfg-iosched.c:1065: spin_is_locked on
uninitialized spinlock df34e01c. (Not tainted)

None of this means anything to me.  Reverting back to 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 I
have no problems.  During the last week, I have not seen any messages
similar to this.

Any ideas?

-- Burnie