Sendmail not sending WAS email app i can use

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 23:20:40 UTC 2005

> This is what I decided to do
> I created a comment page that a person can fill in the required fields.
> When they hit the submit button, it calls the mailform.php script that I have.
> It then gives me a message stating that the message has been sent.  I
> check the inbox of the email account and there is no messages
> I'm using a gmail account for the messages to go to
>
> I have attached  the code that I'm using
> the html doc has a simple name, email, and comment box
> see www.fedorajim.homelinux.com/pages/comment.html
>
> One other thing I have read that I can have php inside a html page.
> as long as it is saved as a .php file  When I do this, The page has
> bnothing on it
>
> I have the following installed
> php-4.3.11-2.4
> httpd-2.0.52-3.1
> httpd-suexec-2.0.52-3.1

 From php.ini

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me at example.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

if the mail() function is going to use sendmail  why isn't it sending ?
I have senmail 8.13 installed and running

--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813