Re: Problems adding a RAID card to FC1

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Fr, den 22.04.2005 schrieb M.Hockings um 20:47:
<snip>

http://www.ite.com.tw/software_download/software_download2.asp

Alexander

Thanks Alexander!

That link is a good resource for this card.

I was able to download the driver, get it compiled and running with little problem. The only downside is that for some weird reason it is causing IDE disk 1 to be booted rather than IDE disk 0 when I have drives attached to the RAID card. With no drives attached to the RAID card then IDE disk 0 boots normally, weird. To get around this I'm just leaving a "Ultimate Boot CD" in the drive as it defaults to boot disk 0 after 5 minutes and all is fine. Though the RAID card driver (iteraid.o) does insert it's own delays into the boot process as well. All, in all though I'm considering it a success as this machine gets rebooted so seldom it really doesn't matter.

Mike