-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of script
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:46 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: no www after yum update

--- script <script_me yahoo com> wrote:

> --- David Cary Hart <Fedora TQMcube com> wrote:
> > DNS issues. Have you installed NetworkManager?
> >
> > Check /etc/resolv.conf.

Well, having NO idea what NetworkManager was, I ran it
- after i'd manually put in the nameserver address in
my /etc/resolv.conf file and been able to ping
www.yahoo.com successfully.  NetworkManager emptied my
file and put in some line about not editing it because
it was autogenerated by NetworkManager...

At any rate, now names are once again not resolving -
even with the primary and secondary dns servers
re-entered in /etc/resolv.conf and service network
restart.

NetworkManager-0.3.4-1.1.0.fc3 is installed and is
what I suppose I ran when I entered NetworkManager on
my command line.