FC3 machine getting outside of my network

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Apr 24 02:49:41 UTC 2005

Am So, den 24.04.2005 schrieb bruce um 4:29:

Bruce,

please do not start a new thread with a new topic if there is already
another one initiated by you about the same problem.

> i have a FC3 box (used to be a FC2) that can't access the world beyond my
> router. there has been no change to the router. another FC3 box gets out
> with no issue.
>
> i have configured the /etc/resolv.conf to have the same dns ip addresses as
> the FC3 that works.
>
> i do a 'ping www.yahoo.com' it gets resolved to the ipaddress, by the
> internal DNS box, but the ping never gets to the external site...

How do you know the remote side - I guess www.yahoo.com - does not get
your ping? Check your iptables settings. Check too your routes - route
-n - for having a proper layout with the right default gateway device.

It would help if you are more verbose with data like ifconfig output,
route -n output and content of /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX.

> -bruce

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 04:41:32 up 12 days, 1:21, load average: 0.37, 0.35, 0.63