Re: Does firefox need mozilla upgrades?

Hi

Timothy Murphy wrote:

I notice "yum update" has upgraded several mozilla packages,
and I was wondering if these are actually required
if one is using firefox?

I'm not really clear on the relation between the two.

No. Firefox and Mozilla suite packages are not interlinked. You can entirely remove the browser you are not using. Yum upgrade does a distribution update to the latest packages. The fact that both of them have updates maybe due to the recent security fixes shared by the codebase

regards
Rahul