I can't trust evolution with my emails (at the moment)

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Sun Apr 24 14:52:51 UTC 2005

>I've just noticed _again_ that emails I've written to this list have
>never turned up after about 12hrs. So, again something is wrong with
>something in evolution, or it's allowed me to do something in the
>settings without making me aware of the consequences.

This happens to me all the time. My postings take 2-3 days to appear,
and I use either Thunderbird or (on Windows) Outlook.
In addition most "original" posts don't seem to appear in digests that I
receive. I just figured there is some kind of filtering going on the
list based on username or email source....because I don't always send
from the client I signed up with.

>There is no apparent pattern to when this happens. To make things worse
>emails which have been sent do not appear in my 'Sent' directory - so I
>really have no idea which emails people have received from me and which
>ones have melted into the ether.

This _does_ sound like an Evolution problem.

>Anyone want to help me sort this out?

Would like to, but I couldn't even get Evolution to receive email when I
installed FC3, which is why I went to Thunderbird. Did you find anything
useful in the archives? I know that several "mystery" problems with
Evolution were discussed in the past.