Re: Dev Tools RPM Names

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:20:40PM +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> with Add/Remove Applications supposively broken, I need to install via
> YUM. What are the names of the main apps/rpm's that would be installed
> if I had of installed Development Tools via Add/Remove Applications.?
> Cheers.

Yum actually has features to deal with package groups like this. Do (as
root, or with sudo) `yum grouplist` to see what groups are available, and
then `yum groupinstall groupname` -- in this case:

   yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

should do what you want. Or, to answer your original question and just get
the list of packages:

   yum groupinfo "Development Tools"

.