Different transfer speeds

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Apr 24 19:04:20 UTC 2005

    I know someone's going to tell me to "upgrade my operating system"
but humor me on this one, okay?  I have an FC3 and an XP machine behind
my firewall.  On the FC3 machine, when I download anything from the net,
I get a solid 330kB/s consistently.  On the XP however, it rarely goes
above 100kB/s.  Can anyone tell me why?  Both have 100Mbit nics in them,
both connect to the same network hub, go through the same firewall, and
the same cable modem.  Why is the XP so crippled?  (am I asking a
rhetorical question?)

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6