Re: No Sound Audio CD Compaq SR1200NX - Almost

When I put an audio cd in the drive the cd player launches but will not play the cd.

You probably need to hook up the audio cable between the CD drive and
the motherboard.

Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer rstevens vitalstream com

Thanks Rick! There is a cd-in jack on the motherboard of this computer! I attached a cable from the cd to the motherboard and now the cd player launches but the play is impaired. It is acting like skipping on the old vinyl record players. It plays what sounds to be the first 30 seconds or so of the track and then clicks, repeats playing, and then the sound dies out and the drive light goes out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
ws his com