No Sound Audio CD Compaq SR1200NX - Almost

William J. Salvino ws at his.com
Sun Apr 24 20:37:49 UTC 2005

>> When I put an audio cd in the drive the cd player launches but will not play the cd.

> You probably need to hook up the audio cable between the CD drive and
> the motherboard.

> Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens at vitalstream.com

Thanks Rick! There is a cd-in jack on the motherboard of this computer!
I attached a cable from the cd to the motherboard and now the cd player
launches but the play is impaired. It is acting like skipping on the old
vinyl record players. It plays what sounds to be the first 30 seconds or
so of the track and then clicks, repeats playing, and then the sound
dies out and the drive light goes out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
ws at his.com