Re: general rules for partitioning

> Unless otherwise told:
> - a small boot partition
> - a partition large enough for the entire system as shipped + % "expansion"
> - a partition for /home and /var and ?

I'm with you in part, some tick boxes with a bit more info would be
good.

Create a separate partition for
[] /home 10% of free disk space (recommended)
Select if you want the /home directory created on a seperate partition.
This is where most of your personal settings are stored by default.
[] /boot 100MB (recommended)
Having the /boot directory on a separate partition can make it easier to
rescue your system after a problem.

etc...

It's such a pain as a new user of linux trying to understand how to
migrate to a separate /home partition later. And don't tell me it's not
that hard, I've f*cked it up several times, and I'm no dunce.

Duncan