new kernel build cause "no init found"

Hi,
I have Fedora Core 1 installed and now I am trying to build a new kernel using the same kernel source files from the host.

After I have the kernel compiled I copy the bzImage to /boot and rename it to kernel_mybld. And I come to modify the /etc/grub.conf. Before my changing it is like this,

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/12 ide=nodma rhgb
	initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img

Then what I do is basically add another entry like this,

title mybld
root (hd0,0)
kernel /kernel_mybld ro root=/dev/hda1 LABEL=/ ide=nodma rhgb
initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img

But in rebooting, I get an error,

VFS: mounted root (ext2 file system) readonly
Freeing unused kernel memory: 88K
Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

In config the kernel I did enable the EXT2 FS.

Any suggestion?