ACPI suspend et al

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Apr 25 15:02:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 15:23 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Perhaps it would be of interest to you folks on the new Online Magazine
> which has this feature article on suspend2.
>
> Grab it at http://mag.my-opensource.org

Hi Ow Mun,

Thanks for the link!

I followed one of the links at the end of that article:

  http://mhensler.de/swsusp/

which contained a very nice set of directions and, even better, a kernel
RPM that was a combination of the swsusp2 patches with one of the Fedora
update kernels (2.6.10-1.770_FC3) that has proved quite reliable and
stable on my machine.

So I'm now using that kernel (2.6.10-1.770_FC3_cubbi1_swsusp2) and have
already enjoyed a few successful hibernations -- and, so far, no
problems!

thanks again,
Ed

--