Hwclock error - "select() ... timed out"

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Mon Apr 25 20:22:03 UTC 2005

A quick update:
I got hwclock to work by using the "--directisa" parameter.
Must be related to the mainboard/BIOS of the various Dell systems. I talked to a support guy and he confirmed that different
PowerEdge systems have totally different BIOSes and mainboards. Although he has not heard of my problem before...

Now the last question: When I shut down the system it tries to sync the system time into the hardware clock and it gets the exact
same error. How do I tell this process to use the "--directisa" parameter? Is there a config file or do I have to modify the
respective file in etc/init.d directly?

Thanks,

MARK