Mouse Configuration

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Apr 26 17:02:35 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 26.04.2005 schrieb Harlan Feinstein um 16:29:

>   Alexander> In /etc/X121/xorg.conf:
>
>   Alexander> Section "InputDevice Identifier "Mouse0 Driver "mouse Option     "
>   Alexander> "Protocol" "IMPS/2 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice Option       "
>   Alexander> "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes                "
>
>   Alexander> Additionally executing following command: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap
>   Alexander> -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"
>
> When I do the latter (the xmodmap command), I get this:
>
> xmodmap:  commandline:0:  bad number of buttons, must have 5 instead of 7
> xmodmap:  1 error encountered, aborting.

Did you change your xorg.conf and restarted the X server?
I have a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer.

> Incidentally, I have this line in there for Protocol, and the mouse works okay (except for the add'l two buttons):
>
>         Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
>
> Any idea if there's a real difference between that and your line ("IMPS/2")?

I can't say for sure which settings is the better one for your mouse. I
think my xorg.conf settings are from default hardware recognition.

> --Harlan

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:56:37 up 14 days, 15:37, load average: 0.09, 0.12, 0.14