Installing Windows after Redhat Linux is installed

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Apr 26 17:59:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday April 26 2005 1:31 pm, NDUMISO MKHWANAZI wrote:
> Hello
>
> A computer was donated to my wife's school . It has  Redhat
> Linux/Fedora preinstalled . How can you install WindowsXP and
> OfficeXP,on the computer  as this is what the kids are already familiar
> with ?
>
> Thanks,

Since you are in Zambia, and may have financial constraints regarding purchase
of software, have you considered sticking with Linux? There is a huge library
of free software available for Linux on the internet that is constantly
growing. As others have pointed out, you can just install a Windows disk and
it will gladly wipe out your Linux installation and replace it, but you might
wish you'd done otherwise, down the road. Kids are pretty smart, and they'll
have no problem learning Linux. And with Linux, they will be able to grow
their skills without financial constraints.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA