FC3 system-config-package Dependencies

Charlie McVeigh cmcveigh at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 26 20:02:28 UTC 2005

I've been searching high and low and I can't find any advice on this
issue....

Existing FC3 installation running on an IBM T42 laptop. I want to add
some software packages using Applications | System Settings | Add/Remove
Applications. When I choose the applications that I want to install the
system-config-packages tool returns a list of dependencies that must be
satisfied prior to installation occurring. My problem is that all of the
dependencies that are listed are already installed and up to date. The
system-config-packages tool will not allow to install anything until the
dependencies are resolved.

I am able to work around the issue by adding single RPM's to my system,
however I would rather be able to use the system-config-packages tool as
it allows you to install large groups of RPM's at the same time.

Thanks in advance for for the help.
--
Charlie McVeigh
cmcveigh at adelphia.net