Re: Hosed repos

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Di, den 26.04.2005 schrieb Mark Haney um 16:28:

Mark Haney wrote:

Well I did it.  I did something incredibly stupid and now my repos are all hosed.  Not that I'm a huge fan of Up2date,
but I do like to use the notifier to keep me informed of new updates to the OS.  Now that doesn't want to work.  How do
I recover the stock repos for FC3?

As an alternative to editing this file, you could reinstall the fedora-release package.

Just as a tip for the future:

cd /var/tmp/
wget ftp://.../fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm
rpm2cpio fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd ./etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
mv etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

You then have back the original file from the RPM. This works for all
other RPMs the same way. Before extracting the desired content of the
RPM, run "cpio -t" to find out whether the RPM contains relative or
absolute paths - to avoid unwanted override.

Alexander

That is great. I will certainly keep this for future reference. Thanks a bunch.

-- otium cum dignitate

Mark Haney
Network Engineer, Uptime Computer Sales and Service
828-681-8030
markh at uptimecomputer dot net