installing fedora from CD (cd drive not bootable)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Apr 26 21:20:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 16:46 -0400, Gentian Hila wrote:
> I have a PC which has a CDROM but I cannot boot from CD drive. I would
> like to install Fedora from the CD's I have but how can I start the
> installation.
>
> Can I make a floppy and then tell to find the packages on CD ?

Get Smart Boot Manager from http://btmgr.webframe.org/ and install it on
a floppy disk. You can boot from that floppy, which will load up the
boot manager and allow you then to "boot" from the CD-ROM, even though
your BIOS doesn't support booting from CD.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>